ICCUB fellowships within Junior Leader "la Caixa" - incoming Postdoctoral Fellowships Programme
“la Caixa”Foundation is launching a postdoctoral fellowships programme in which the candidates will be able to come to one centre distinguished with the Maria deMaeztu award or the Severo Ochoa award (link: http://www.juniorleaderlacaixa.org)
Description of our Institute:
The Institute of Cosmos Sciences is a centre granted the Maria de Maeztu award, which recognizes our leadership and research impact.
The Institute of Cosmos Sciences of the University of Barcelona (ICCUB) is an interdisciplinary centre devoted to fundamental research in the fields of cosmology, astrophysics and particle physics. In addition, the Institute has a strong technology program through its participation in international collaborations in observational astronomy and experimental particle physics.
The candidates interested on these fellowships can seek their line of project within one of our main research areas and contact with any of our researchers:
- Cosmology and Large Scale Structure
- Experimental Particle Physics
- Galaxy Structure and Evolution
- Gravitation and Cosmology
- Hadronic, nuclear and atomic physics
- High Energy Astrophysics
- Particle Physics Phenomenology
- Star Formation
- Theoretical Physics
- Additional Lines of Research
For additional information, visit: http://icc.ub.edu/research/research_areas
Description of the fellowship:
Researchers in the Junior Leader “la Caixa” programme will have a three-year contract in accordance with employment legislation in force in Spain, pursuant to provisions regarding occupational health and safety and social security, with access to suitable resources, equipment and facilities.
Requirements for candidates:
Researchers of any nationality are eligible for the Junior Leader programme. In order to get accepted, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Experience: They should have earned their doctoral degree three to six years prior to the deadline for applications. The date of the doctoral thesis defence will be understood to be the date when the doctoral degree was obtained.
- Geographic mobility: Candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline. Short stays such as holidays will not be taken into account.
- Complete applications: Only candidates whose applications meet all the requirements of the call may be accepted.
All the information relative to the Call for Applicants can be found at http://www.juniorleaderlacaixa.org/
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and