Senior Big Data Researcher (TECNIOSpring)
TECNIOspring PLUS: www.tecniospring.eu
TECNIOspring PLUS, ACCIÓ's fellowship programme, provides financial support to individual mobility proposals presented by experienced researchers in liaison with a host entity. Fellows are offered 2-year employment contracts in order to develop applied research projects at the host entity of their choice.
i2CAT AT A GLANCE:
i2CAT Foundation is a non-profit research and innovation centre which promotes mission-oriented R+D+i activities on advanced Internet architectures, applications and services. The centre stands up for a new open innovation framework, fostering the collaboration between companies, public administration, the academic environment and end-users.
i2cat is a mission-oriented research center. Our goal is to develop advanced Internet technologies to the benefit of government, companies and citizens of Catalonia and the rest of the world. In cooperation with these partners, our research and innovation units want to produce technologies and solutions with the aim of converting Catalonia into a leading global smart region in a Smart Europe, with a flourishing added-value economy and an innovative society.
WHAT DO WE DO?
i2CAT has a wide experience in multiple national and European R+D+i projects, leading research lines in new fixed & mobile network architectures, wireless sensor networks, and content-based multimedia technologies, with the aim to develop new products, services and applications in the fields of eHealth, Smart Cities & Smart Regions, Advanced Manufacturing and Culture/Creativity.
DEPARTMENT & PROJECT REVIEW:
The selected candidate will join the Open Big Data Technologies (OBSIDIAN) research team to work on the design and development of system that is able to automatically prepare data (clean, enrich, curate and integrate) using machine learning techniques and specially Deep Learning.
The objective is to build the first data slicing system (virtualization of the data resources) that is able to provide multi-tenancy over a shared pool of data. Hence, there is a need to provide to the user in real time, a schema tailored to its needs.
What do we offer?
- A unique experience working in the sunny Barcelona within an international, dynamic and growing organization.
- Located in Zona Universitaria with great connections with metropolitan public transport and easy access by car.
- Multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Be in contact with leading edge technology
- Full time employment contract with TECNIOsping PLUS salary conditions.
- Flexible retribution
- 24 months contract
- 25 vacation days per year
- Fridays afternoon off
- Intensive summer work (July + August) from 8:00 to 15:15 o'clock
- Flexible working hours & conditions
- Official Publication in July 2017.
- Deadline of the Call: 14th of September of 2017
- Evaluation Process: September 2017 to January 2018
- Start of fellowship: January 2018
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and