Systems Software Developers and Hardware Designers/Architects at the Scientist/Engineer or Traine...
Call for expression of interest for up to ten (10) positions of Systems Software Developers and Hardware Designers/Architects at the Scientist/Engineer or Trainee or PostDoc Levels in the Institute of Computer Science (ICS) Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH)
Position(s): up to 10 positions, in system design, implementation, validation and evaluation roles, at various seniority levels.
Projects: Primarily for EuroEXA (GA 754337) and secondarily for ExaNeSt (GA 671553) and ExaNoDe (GA 671578), funded under H2020 FET-HPC.
Desired starting dates: as soon as good candidates are available, one or two months after each evaluation.
Duration: up to 12 months initially, hoping for good performance that will lead to likely extensions.
Location: Heraklion, Crete, Greece.
Opening date for applications: 1 August 2017.
Closing dates: every month, until 31 March 2018, or until a sufficient number of good candidates are found; applications will be evaluated at the end of each month, with contracts to successful applicants starting at the beginning of a month, one or two months after the respective evaluation closing date.
The candidates will participate in the R&D work of FORTH within one of three EU-funded research projects: EuroEXA, ExaNeSt and ExaNoDe. We seek to attract highly motivated members to our team, at various seniority levels, with priority to candidates at the PostDoc level with a demonstrated orientation for research. Experienced engineers with a demonstrable track record on systems-oriented R&D activities, preferably at the MSc level, are also keenly sought after. We are also looking for junior candidates with a strong orientation for research, including recent (BSc level) graduates and graduate-level students looking for fellowships.
- University degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering or related fields;
- Courses, projects, and/or experience, in Hardware Architecture/Design and/or Systems Software;
- Willingness and ability to work cooperatively within a team, to learn, and to adapt to the projects;
- Fluent knowledge of English.
Knowledge of and/or experience in and/or strong interest to learn one or more of the following:
- HPC application development and performance optimization, on top of MPI and/or PGAS runtimes;
- Concurrency, multi-threaded programming, parallel programming, runtime systems, virtualization;
- Linux kernel programming, Linux system configuration and tuning (including device drivers);
- Computer architecture, Xilinx FPGA hardware/software development (Vivado, SDK), Verilog and/or VHDL, simulation & verification;
- PCB Design, Schematics (using Orcad), Layout (using Allegro), PCB testing & bring-up;
- Performance analysis and optimization;
- Networked data processing applications.
Interested candidates can submit their applications via http://www.ics.forth.gr/jobs/en/ using the link “Apply for the position” under the announcement. Applications will be evaluated at the end of each month, until a sufficient number of good candidates are found; evaluators may reject some candidacies on the grounds of insufficient qualifications. Applications must include:
- Detailed CV, including qualifications and interests in the above areas, and proof thereof;
- Contact information for at least 2 references;
- Scanned copies of academic titles.
Promising candidates may be invited for an interview before a decision is made.
- If you have any difficulties uploading your application, please send an email to the following address: email@example.com.
- For information and questions about the advertised positions, the activities of the group, or the Institute, please contact Nikolaos Papadopoulos (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Manolis Marazakis (email@example.com).
The result of the selection will be announced on the website of ICS-FORTH. Candidates have the right to appeal the selection decision, by addressing their written objection to the ICS secretariat within five (5) days since the results announcement on the web. They also have the right to access (a) the files of the candidates as well as (b) the table of candidates' scores (ranking of candidates results). All the above information related to the selection procedure will be available at the secretariat of ICS-FORTH in line with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and