Senior Process Integration Engineer Wafer Fabrication
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Senior Process Integration Engineer.
IMEC CMORE Technologies department offers companies to develop and fabricate customized specialty microsystems that cannot be produced in standard CMOS technology. The basis of our CMORE fab is an advanced 0.13µm CMOS platform that runs a 24/7 operation. To do this, we have added platforms for processing of various CMOS imagers - hyperspectral, backside illuminated, embedded CCD-, MEMS and NEMS, photonics, and microfluidics chips. We are able to tune our technology to the demands of the customer and develop the technology flow for both prototypes and low-volume production.
You will be working in IMEC's Product Industrialisation and Delivery Group (PID) as senior process integration engineer.
This group uses industry standard semiconductor wafer fabrication equipment to produce low volumes of high value niche devices for use in diverse fields and applications:
- SiN and Si photonic devices for telecom providers (Optical transceivers)
- Optical devices for use in life sciences (Sequencing DNA, Detecting viruses and diseases)
- Nano-probes (For detection of electrical brain activity)
- Sensors for industrial purposes (EUV sensors, Electron detectors for use in SEM and TEMS)
You will be responsible for:
- device, process and module optimization, characterization and technology qualification for new silicon technologies.
- trouble-shooting problems and leading x-functional teams towards solutions using your integration knowledge and experience with analysis of in-line, electrical and optical test data.
- communicating project progress regularly to IMEC management and external customers
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and