Course work in this area is intended to provide advanced education in specific branches of food science.
The program provides a variety of research opportunities in the field of food science.
Research projects may include different opportunities focusing on (but not limited to) the following possible topics:
• food technology;
• food microbiology;
• food chemistry and biochemistry;
• food preservation and safety;
• sensory analysis and consumer science;
• modelling, design and innovation;
• nutrition and health;
• microbiome studies;
• bio-active compounds;
• functional foods;
• genetics and genomics applied to food;
• food supply chain management and food authenticity;
• global markets and trades;
The program will have no limits on the type of food commodities and may include any type of food and beverage.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and