Director of Institute of Theoretical and Applied Informatics, Polish Academy of Sciences announces open competition for research assistant position in Quantum Systems of Informatics Group.
- title of ‘magister' or equivalent (M.Sc.) in informatics (computer science), mathematics, physics or similar field;
- numerical programming skills in languages such as: Python, Octave, Matlab, Julia;
- good knowledge of linear algebra;
- willingness to perform scientific research;
- very good spoken and written English language skills.
Additional welcomed skills:
- experience with distributed and parallel computing;
- knowledge of one or more of the following: quantum information theory, tensor networks methods, matrix and tensor analysis, probability theory;
- experience in scientific research confirmed by publications;
- good team-working skills.
List of required documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- proof of obtained university degree;
- selected best papers (if applicable);
- a statement that, in the case of employment, IITiS PAN will be the primary workplace of the candidate (in Polish: ‘podstawowe miejsce pracy');
- additional documents (or copies) verifying qualifications.
A successful candidate will be employed in project Semantic tensor networks for large data sets analysis financed by Polish National Science Centre. The project is led by dr hab. inz. Piotr Gawron.
Questions concerning this offer can be send by e-mail to the project leader at email@example.com.
Potential candidates, including students finishing their master's degree, are strongly encouraged to contact the project leader.
Selected candidates may be asked for an interview performed on-site or by using video conferencing software.
Gross (‘brutto') salary amounts to 3000 PLN. Duration of employment — 12 months.
Job applications have to be submitted personally or by paper mail to the Secretary of the Institute of Theoretical and Applied Informatics, PAS at the address:
Instytut Informatyki Teoretycznej i Stosowanej PAN,
ul. Bałtycka 5, 44-100,
On the envelope it should be written: Konkurs na stanowisko asystenta w ZKSI. The deadline for submitting applications expires on 05.11.2017 (date of receipt).
The application should contain the following statement: I hereby authorize IITiS PAN to process my personal data included in my job application for the purposes of the recruitment procedure (in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997. on Personal Data Protection Dz.U. no 133, position 883.)
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and