SOCIAL SCIENCE AND STATISTICS
The Doctoral School of Social Sciences and Statistics offers an advanced training aimed at fostering the acquisition of a common research vocabulary, and aims to provide a special focus on qualitative and quantitative methods of research grounded on international theoretical debate. The doctoral program focuses on social transformations impacting the fields, processes and cultures of the post-Welfare restructuring of Mediterranean Regions, and particularly the South of Italy, which seek to activate - even in the recurrent glo-calization crisis - strategies and policies against further peripheral marginalization. The courses focuses on topics such as:
1. Demographic fluxes, labor, immigration;
2. 'New' poverties and inequalities;
3. Communication and digital culture;
4. Politics and political governance;
5. Identity cultures and gender;
6. Youth consumption and entrepreneurship;
7. Illegality and organized crime.
8. Statistical techniques for social analysis and Big Data.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and