Internship in the field of Smart Retail in the Future Media unit
FBK is a private research institute devoted to excellence in research in numerous disciplines and designated the role of maintaining the Autonomous Province of Trento within the mainstream of European and international research. Information regarding the ICT research center, activities and production is available at http://ict.fbk.eu/.
The goal of Future Media Unit of FBK in collaboration with EIT Digital is to develop new solutions able to manage media content in complementary and integrated ways. The initiative brings together researchers from data mining, knowledge discovery and natural language processing. The general objectives are
- to foster the cooperation with business creating a bridge between research and industry
- to identify technology trends and generate new innovative ideas
- to design social media automation tool for a next generation of social media management
- to analyse the impact of replacement of people by AI-based agents
The EIT Digital high impact initiative Street Smart Retail aims to support the competitive advantage of Large Retails, Chains, Brands, Malls, and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the new retail landscape, enabling them to leverage opportunities coming from Omni-channel retailing including new products, services and the creation of new jobs. The core technology integrates the most advanced solutions on consumer behaviour analytics, customer, relationship management and middleware layer for objects controlling.
SSR has engaged more than 50 researchers and business experts over the period 2014-2017, delivering a number of products and services in a portfolio named the Digital Retail Suite.
More info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOwoi1YAl0k
- Benchmarking of social media automation tools
- Market analysis, competitive analysis and business modelling in the smart retail field
- Survey/interview for understanding social media manager needs
- Delivery a final report in collaboration with EIT Digital team
Required knowledge and skills
- Master in Economics, Business, Innovation Management, or International Management
- MS Office or Google Docs (excellent)
- English and Italian (excellent)
- 3 positions
- Period: 4 months (full time), September-December 2017
- Internship amount: 300 Euro/month
- Lunch included (FBK's canteen)
- Applications must be submitted by clicking on “Apply Online” at the bottom of this page. Please make sure to attach your CV and short cover letter as one single file.
- FBK Internship opportunities are open to students (pre-lauream internship) and post-graduates (within 12 months from graduation - post lauream internship) only
- According to the Italian law, post-graduate internships can last up to 6 months and must be activated within 12 months from the graduation.
For further information please reach out to Claudio Giuliano (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sandro Battisti (email@example.com).
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and