Postdoctoral/Research Associate Position
A postdoctoral position is available for a qualified applicant to participate in a project involving anatomical and functional mapping of neural circuits in the enteric nervous system. The project is funded through the NIH SPARC (Stimulating Peripheral Activity to Relieve Conditions) initiative. The project involves multiple investigators in the US and Australia with expertise in RNAseq, neural modeling, imaging, and electrophysiology using mouse models.
The applicant for the current postdoctoral position will participate in electrophysiological and Ca2+ imaging studies of myenteric neurons in excised and cell culture preparations from the mouse colon. The applicant will receive training in enteric nervous system biology and modern quantitative methods at an institution that stresses both basic and translational Neuroscience.
Requirements for the position are a PhD in Neuroscience, Physiology or Membrane Biophysics, and experience with Ca2+ imaging and electrophysiological recording approaches in neurons. Salary and benefits are competitive.
More searches like this
- Life Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Toledo
- Neuroscience Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Toledo
- Health Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Toledo
- Preclinical Development Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Toledo
- Translational Research Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Toledo