Full Time Research Associate position at EVMS in the LTC-CRC's Center for Biomedical Proteomics.
Research Associate I, Full Time Position
The Leroy T. Canoles Jr. Cancer Research Center at Eastern Virginia Medical School is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill a full time Research Associate position in the Center for Biomedical Proteomics. The successful candidate will join a collaborative research team that is using state-of-the-art qualitative and quantitative proteomics platforms to study multiple disease areas. The ideal candidate will have at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences or related field, plus three (3) years research laboratory experience. Masters and PhD holders are especially encouraged to apply. Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics experience is preferred, and Bioinformatics Analysis expertise will be an added advantage. The successful candidate will support broad research functions in various aspects of biomedical sciences focused on mass spectrometry.
- Minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences or related field
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in LC-MS analysis of proteins
- Experience with high resolution instruments particularly Orbitrap is desired.
- Hands on working experience with LC-MS maintenance and operation.
- Working knowledge of sample preparation, extraction and introduction methods particularly for proteins.
- Technical experience with method development, particularly with qualitative and quantitative analysis of proteins.
- Strong working knowledge of LC/MS data interpretation (identification, quantification).
- Knowledge of Thermo and ABSciex hardware and software is a plus.
This position will work under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator and should have expertise in modern molecular biology, biochemistry and macromolecular analysis techniques. Mass Spectrometry/Proteomics experience is preferred . The incumbent will undertake research projects in various aspects of biomedical sciences by making contributions in laboratory procedures and experimental strategies. Ability to perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting equipment, along with performing proteomics related bench, wet lab, and mass spectrometry experiments is essential.
EVMS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, and Drug and Tobacco Free workplace.
Interested applicants can apply online at http://www.evms.edu under Career Opportunities. This staff position title is Research Associate I for the Cancer Research Center and the position number is 2551305.
QUALITY OF LIFE: Located in the city of Norfolk, EVMS serves the southeastern region of Virginia known as Hampton Roads. The area is rich in history, culture and education. It also provides easy access to the Outer Banks, the mountains, Washington D.C., and the state capitol in Richmond. Norfolk/Virginia Beach was Places Rated Almanac’s #1 metropolitan area for recreation. Live and work in an environment abundant in history, culture, and recreation.