Genetic Analysis Instrument Sales Representative TN, AL, MS
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Position Summary: Genetic Analysis Instrument Sales Representative TN, AL, MS
The Genetic Analysis Instrument Sales Representative is a field sales-based position responsible for achieving or exceeding the assigned territory sales plan. The Genetic Analysis Instrument Sales Representative will have strong technical acumen in the areas of qPCR and sequencing. Strong business acumen is also required to build successful account and territory plans and translate territory strategy into business results. The primary focus of the Genetic Analysis Instrument Sales Representative role is successful capital equipment sales including funnel management skills and strong hunting, prospecting and closing skills.
- Scientific consulting acumen - demonstrates technical credibility to consult with customers on technology solutions within the Genetic Analysis portfolio. Identifies the best technology choice to meet the customer needs, strong command of competitive offerings in the GA space and how to position and win the business.
- Capital sales acumen - Demonstrates funnel management skills with strong hunting/prospecting and closing skills.
- Business acumen - Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely forecasting.
- Develops and manages to a business plan to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon by commercial management for the territory.
- Understands scientific project needs and business needs of the customer to position a GA solution (qPCR and/or sequencing and/or microarray) to win the business. Actively promotes and sells consumable offering throughout the instrument sales process.
- Consistently and accurately manages sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Seibel system and other designated IT tools.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A Master's or PhD degree is desirable.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years sales experience in Life Science, with capital equipment experience preferred. Extensive knowledge of qPCR, sequencing, and/or microarray is preferred.
- Knowledge of accounts in territory is preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.