Student Internship in Medical Device Development focus on Pre-Fillable Syringe (from October 2017, 6
The Device Development group within F. Hoffmann-La Roche is responsible for development and support of medical devices and drug delivery devices for the Roche combination product portfolio. Our activities span a range of engineering disciplines from the requirements definition phase through to commercialization and marketed product support. For Late Stage Development Project we are looking for support in technical documentation.
The specific responsibilities of this challenging position within our Device Development Team include:
- Provide high quality input and documentation for interaction with regulatory authorities
- Collaborate effectively with our partners in different departments to develop aligned strategies and concepts for Combination Products
- Apply your knowledge of the regulatory landscape to ensure standard compliant designs and work with Quality Management Systems (QMS) to take care of risk management, design control, verification, validation and clinical trial and manufacturing support
- Develop mathematical and statistical models to understand the impact of primary packaging attributes on drug administration and utilize engineering and analysis tools to ensure robust designs and understand device limitations (e.g. root cause analysis, tolerance analysis, finite elements analysis, probabilistic design)
- Maintain knowledge industry trends in the field of Medical Devices and Combination Products
Further opportunities this internship offers:
- Maintain own specialist expertise through exposure, education, training, and application
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You are an enrolled student pursuing a qualification in a Biomedical Engineering, General Engineering, Materials Science or similar subject and you are interested in applying mechanical engineering skills to create innovative, reliable and effective medical devices. Furthermore you bring sound knowledge of legislation, regulation, industry standards and guidance within the area of combination products and medical devices.
Moreover you are/have:
- Enthusiastic team player with good communication and collaboration skills
- Good analytical, practical, and creative skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of parenteral drug container and delivery
- Strong interest on market awareness/network and a capability to identify and develop new technology opportunities
- Excellent command of English language and German would be very helpful
The preferred start date for this internship is October 2017. Please indicate your availability in your application.
Applications need to include a CV and a motivation/cover letter.
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as a part of the application documents.
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites.
Job ID No.: 3091030211
Contact: Ask HR Schweiz, Phone +41 61 68 70 444
The next step is yours. To apply online for this position visit careers.roche.ch
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.