Student Internship in Pharmaceutical Development and Supplies (from November 2018, 6 months)
The department "Pharmaceutical Development and Supplies" is responsible for the technical development and preparation of sterile dosage forms of biotechnologically and chemically engineered molecules, focusing on pre-filled syringes and vials for preclinical and clinical studies, and the market supplies. Our areas of involvement include: the entire range of formulation and process development for the finished product, process up-scaling, development of primary packaging, clinical manufacturing of sterile dosage forms, emerging technologies, and commercial manufacturing support within the Roche network. All these departments offer around ten internship opportunities in May November 2018.
As intern in one of the departments, you will:
- actively participate (at least 6 months) in one of the current projects: early-stage and formulation development, late phase formulation and process development, primary packaging materials development, clinical manufacturing of sterile dosage forms, emerging technologies or infrastructure projects, commercial manufacturing support within the Roche network
- have an opportunity to engage in departmental activities related to innovative galenic formulations, processes and technologies
- work independently on small projects in the laboratory or in the GMP environment
- gain an insight into the dynamic and diverse working environment of pharmaceutical development
- create technical documentation and present results in internal meetings and learn how current industrial requirements are implemented in everyday life
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
As qualified candidate you are enrolled in pharmacy, natural sciences (biology, chemistry, biotechnology or related) or pharmaceutical sciences or you passed the 2nd state exams of your pharmacy studies and interested in using and expanding knowledge in a modern working environment.
Furthermore you are:
- interested in problem solving and optimization strategies and able to learn quickly and adjust to a modern working environment
- can work in a team and also independently
- flexible, well organized and you have strong communication skills
- proficient in English and in German as a plus
- advanced in working with Microsoft Office
The start of your internship should be in November 2018 or upon agreement. Please clearly indicate your availability in your application.
You can apply for this internship opportunity until mid of September 2017, we recommend to increase your chances by applying as soon as possible. We will arrange an interview day for all candidates in October 2017.
Please clearly indicate your availability for the internship (min. 6 months) in your cover letter.
Applications need to include a CV, a motivation letter and a certificate of enrollment (if you’re not in a state exam program).
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.