Student Internship for Particle and Formulation Characterization in Pharma Technical Development of
As part of the global technical development organization, we are responsible for the research and development of oral dosage forms, at the Roche Basel site. This includes the technical development and optimization of market formulations, the scale-up of the manufacturing processes including transfers to the production sites as well as the development and manufacturing of clinical batches under Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) status. Our responsibilities also include the evaluation and implementation of new manufacturing technologies and process analytical technologies.
Our responsibilities includes the evaluation of analytical tests to support the development and the implementation of new manufacturing technologies. The Process Research & Development group and Solid State Analytics group have a strong collaboration on developing suitable analytical tests to support efficient the development and the manufacturing processes. You will support both groups in obtaining a deeper understanding of cohesive material properties and developing, establish and correlate relevant analytical methods to the process behavior.
Your responsibilities are:
- Perform a literature review to comprehend the problematics of material properties on the formulation process
- Plan, organize and perform experiments independently as well as collaboratively
- Evaluate and compare different methods for material properties especially for cohesive surface behavior measured by Inverse Gas Chromatography (IGC)
- Summarize and document the results and present them clearly and effectively in oral presentations and written reports
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You are a student enrolled in the subject of Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Material Sciences, Experimental Physics or similar and have an interest in solid state material properties and manufacturing processes.
Your further profile for this position:
- Strong analytical skills
- Aptitude for experimental work, hands-on approach, reliable and accurate working style in a GMP-compliant environment
- Good knowledge of MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), knowledge of data analysis tools are a plus
- Drive for results and problem-solving oriented personality
- High level of motivation and ability to work both collaboratively as well as independently
- Expertise in particulate material properties and/or experience with solid state analytics (e.g. surface cohesivity, flowability, particle size distribution, specific surface area, mechanical properties, Imaging …) constitutes a plus
- German and English language
This internship opportunity is one of around ten we offer in the department per semester. The interviews will take place in an interview day with all considered candidates and the whole department.
In order to ensure that your application will be considered, you must include a current CV as well as a motivation letter. If you want to use this internship towards the practical part of a degree (i.e Master’s or Diploma thesis), please include this information in the application.
The internship position will start in January 2018. Alternative start times are possible with prior arrangement, please also note this wish in your application.
Please note that the interviews will take place in the September and October 2017.
Application deadline is End of August 2017, we recommend to apply as soon as possible.
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.