Student Internship in Recruiting Research & Development (from September 2017, 12 months)
Within the department of Talent Aquisition we offer an excellent opportunity to learn and carry out the recruitment of young scientists. You are part of a team that supports our Roche Pharma Research & Early Development (pRED) departments.
We are responsible for the entire hiring process. Suitable strategies for finding candidates and advertising jobs are as much a part of this work as the selection of candidates, interviews and feedback in collaboration with line managers.
The internship opportunity in this department provides excellent training, practical work and exposure to projects and specialists. It offers students the chance for hands-on work experience and insight into attraction, sourcing and hiring of new employees.
In this position you will:
- searching, selecting and hiring young scientists and specialists for pRED
- handling of candidate workflow using our e-recruitment system Taleo
- defining and executing preferred recruitment strategies together with the hiring managers
- acting as an internal consultant on recruitment topics, coaching line management on best practices in recruitment, selection and assessment
- identifying process improvement opportunities in the areas of candidate sourcing, selection and hiring
- partnering up with stakeholders within HR (HR Business Partners, Employer Marketing & Branding, etc.)
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
As a successful candidate you possess the following experiences and competencies:
- enrolled student within the final year of Master degree
- first work experience in HR (preferably in recruitment)
- excellent organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- high flexibility and service orientation
- self-motivated, team-oriented, open communicator
- quick learner and able to work independently
- very good written and oral English (German is a plus)
The preferred start date of the internship is September 2017. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date and duration of internship on your motivation letter.
Applications need to include a CV and a motivation letter.
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.