Chemical Distribution Specialist
Independently performs, verifies, and provides feedback on complex and varied services (registration, delivery, pick-up, and tracking of hazardous materials) for a varied client base.
- Execution of the Chemical Dispensary Program:
- Interact with Chemical Gatekeepers to locate and pick requested chemicals for onsite order fulfillment
- Coordinate directly with clients to arrange for face-to-face delivery of selected critical chemicals / perishables
- Perform delivery and tracking of incoming chemical packages within a laboratory environment
- Maintain visibility with scientists to provide customer service to identify needs
- Create, review, and maintain various data log sheets (i.e., Delivery Tracking, Time Logs, Issues Log, etc)
- Provide Chemical Operations Support:
- Perform periodic receipt, registration and transfer of chemicals in the chemical database
- Maintain / Replenish the inventory of chemicals within various chemical stockrooms
- Perform monthly Lab Audits of selected areas to measure database location accuracy
- Perform monthly PM testing of database hardware as directed (i.e., scanners/tablets), to ensure data transfer
- Pickup of hazardous waste as directed
- Ordering of stockroom and office supplies as needed
- Assist with various Chem Mgmt periodic projects as required
- Provide General ULS Support:
- Perform Area Audits of cross-functional areas within ULS as directed
- Participate and contribute to ULS Practical Process Improvement (PPI) activities
- Generate Safety Observations as appropriate
- Must possess a High School Diploma and preferably an Associate's degree
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Four-I Values.
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience.
- Expanded tactical thinking that considers the impact on the broader organization.
- Show concern for well being & success of others.
- Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and interact with various levels of the customer's organization.
- Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
- Must be organized and detail oriented to be able to prioritize own and other's work and meet business productivity metrics.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts, hand trucks, and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.