International Payer Strategy Leader, Ophthalmology
Global Product Strategy (GPS) provides strategic business direction from research through to development and commercialization excellence, collaborating with functions and affiliates to shape the future of medicine.
The Global Pricing and Market Access (GPMA) department is part of GPS and is looking for an International Payer Strategy Leader (IPSL) to support the company’s growing ophthalmology pipeline.
The IPSL plays a key role in developing the global Pricing and Market Access strategy for the assigned molecules. Accordingly, you will work with a host of internal cross-functional partners and stakeholders at global, regional and affiliate level. The incumbent will also develop and cultivate relationships with key external partners and influencers, including payers and key opinion leaders.
The role reports to the Senior IPSL Ophthalmology or TA Head, pending further development.
The key accountabilities for this role include:
- Leading the development and implementation of the global Pricing and Market Access strategy for the assigned molecules in close collaboration with Life Cycle Teams, Product Teams and representatives from regions, affiliates and other functions in GPS/GPMA
- Taking the lead in the definition and execution of primary and secondary research and assessments to generate insights that inform strategy development and implementation and working closely with other functions to define and execute payer/HTA evidence plans
- Chairing the International Payer Strategy Team and the Global Payer Evidence Team for the assigned molecules
- Developing key departmental deliverables for the assigned molecules such as the Early Pricing and Market Access Guidance, the Global Payer and Pricing Plan, the Global Value Guidance and in collaboration with Operational Pricing the Global Pricing Policy
- Providing Pricing and Market Access inputs for the commercial assessment of internal programs and external opportunities and ensuring in collaboration with global and regional partners the endorsement of these inputs by the relevant governance committees
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Bachelor’s Degree (health economics, life sciences, public health, public policy, finance, business or marketing disciplines are preferred), post-graduate or doctoral degree in above or other related disciplines is preferred
- 8 or more years of professional experience in a relevant field (e.g. strategic pricing, reimbursement strategy, payer strategy, health economics, epidemiology, research, development, marketing, market research, strategic planning, business development, finance etc.) including a minimum of 5 years of relevant pricing, market access, and/or health economics experience, global and affiliate experience in above is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of the Pricing & Market Access environment in key markets and in-depth knowledge of payer evidence and value demonstration requirements – experience in ophthalmology
- Sound understanding of the overall drug development and regulatory process and experience in working with business development/licensing activities
- Strong influencing, facilitation and communication skills and strong ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams.
The role may be located in Basel Switzerland or South San Francisco
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com.
EEO is the Law
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)