ITMI Postdoc Research Fellow Inova Translational Medicine Institute
The Inova Translational Medicine Institute (ITMI) is leading the transformation of healthcare into personalized medicine using technological innovation, pioneering research, and sophisticated information management. The work of ITMI is enabling Inova to translate advances from genomics and molecular sciences directly to patients, optimizing individual health and well-being. ITMI is located on the campus of Inova Fairfax Hospital, and has amassed a database of whole genome sequences and other ‘omics data with accompanying biomedical data from thousands of patients. ITMI is seeking a self-motivated postdoctoral researcher to work at the forefront of clinical genomics research. The selected candidate will contribute to analysis of ITMI’s datasets for biological insights that can be translated into improved patient care. Areas of interest include but are not limited to: personalized health, cancer, cardiovascular disease, maternal-fetal medicine, and rare disorders.
The researcher will be expected to
- Analyze genomic , other ‘omics, and clinical data
- Develop computational methods or pipelines in support of project research objectives
- Publish in peer-reviewed journals and present at scientific conferences
- Work collaboratively with other bioinformatics scientists, clinicians, and informaticians.
• PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or related field, with knowledge of Biology • experience with Linux and programming languages commonly used in bioinformatics • strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills • attention to detail, time management skills, and the ability to work independently within a team environment • experience with next generation sequencing data processing and analysis is highly desirable • experience manipulating large data sets is desirable
More searches like this
- Life Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Alexandria
- Bioinformatics Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Alexandria
- Biology Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Alexandria
- Physical Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Alexandria
- Computer Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Alexandria