Instrumentation and Laboratory Services Manager
- Lead a cross functional and team of scientific service professionals that work daily at multiple customer site(s). Ensure full delivery of the committed services scope of work. Lead customer reviews of performance, and ensure that maximum value creation occurs, is recorded, and is used for the strategic development of a fully integrated service offering for the corporation.
- Evaluate lab support activities at multiple customer sites to identify and establish best practices. Assess and champion PPI opportunities that drive continuous improvement
- Author/Review/Approve regulatory documents - demonstrate good documentation practices
- Analyze strategic account needs and make business recommendations to ensure service program growth, expansion and program renewal.
- Harmonize programs across various accounts / teams. Ensure consistent approach, documentation, KPI expectation.
- Quantify all aspects of value creation for the customer through rigorous data collection and reporting. Ensure that reporting is presented in a comprehensive and integrated fashion using all tools/resources necessary.
- Drive business expansion through identification of customer needs.
- Manage all performance measurements to optimize the customer's perceptions. Includes customer scorecard review, talent assessment, resolving variances, and distribution of customer metrics throughout the organization.
- Develop goals and objectives along with an internal support plan to meet all Key/Strategic Customer performance expectations and requirements.
- Meet or exceed KPI targets; demonstrate fiscal responsibility through budget ownership / management.
- Perform or assist with other duties as assigned or directed that help create company growth, such as the development of sales material for prospects and other creative endeavors.
Specific oversight and tasks may include:
- Routine collaboration / interfacing with Engineers
- Daily lab walkthroughs - ensuring instruments are working properly
- Collaboration with lab contacts - daily updates
- Control Temperature Chamber Management
- Monitoring - address alarms, document temperature excursions, gather feedback for impact assessments
- Cleaning - perform periodic cleaning/defrost of refrigerators and freezers
- Sample Management - coordinate timely disposal of samples from refrigerators, freezers and stability chambers\\
- Sample Management 0 coordinate shipment of samples both domestic and international
- Routine Laboratory Maintenance Activities
- Submit W/O's as required
- Centrifuge cleaning, as scheduled
- MilliQ sanitizations, as scheduled
- Locate, prepare and submit pipettes for calibration
- Daily check the LC/MS tune and ballast pumps
- Perform weekly GC/MS performance checks
- Weekly KF titrator and KF oven cleaning and maintenance
- Hydrogen generator maintenance (ensure appropriate water levels)
- Verification of logbook entries
- Coordinating instrument PM schedules
- Order special laboratory supplies; maintain POU programs as required.
- Every six months perform: GMP balances (outside vendor) / Hydrogen generators
- Assist in executing instrument qualifications/user function testing
- Maintain virtual inventory list of equipment in development labs
- Coordinate with Engineers and External Vendors for Maintenance/Calibration of non-regulated Equipment and Instruments.
- Maintain lab equipment and order broken or missing parts as needed
- Facilities and metrology contact for the labs
- Appointed Intermediary
- Partner with QA and EH&S to Address Compliance and Safety Concerns
- Scheduling of pipette calibrations and the subsequent process management of the site specific calibration team.
- Maintaining calibration records for GxP and non-GxP pipettes.
- Coordinating pipette pick up and drop off scheduling with the existing ULS staff at the specific site.
- Communicating pipette calibrating schedules and on-demand calibration requirements.
- Coordinating pipette calibration schedules with the Amgen pipette owner.
- Identifying and documenting pipettes that are found to be out of the established Amgen specifications.
- Cross site record retention and archiving for all pipettes.
- Entering/removing new and/or inactive pipettes back into the pipette management system.
- Maintaining proper pipette calibration metrics per Amgen requirements.
- Preparing invoices for all pipette calibration activities at required sites.
- Scheduling any on-site calibration activities where a mobile/temporary calibration team will be mobilized.
- Managing On-Demand level 3 pipette program.
- Must possess a high school diploma and have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Four-I Values.
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Strong organizational, time-management, and analysis skills are required, along with excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of organizational change management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Possesses a competitive nature, a high degree of persistence with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to develop relationships and communicate at executive levels within globally branded/ globally located companies.
- Able to assess strategic operational needs, identify strategies and implement solutions.
- Ability to manage deadlines accurately, effectively and efficiently.
- Capable of influencing peer group to deliver required changes.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Must be willing to travel up to 30%
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- Extensive walking may be required.
Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets, safety gloves, and safety glasses.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.