Qualification: PhD in Pharmacology, Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology, Computational Biology, Cell Biology or related discipline
Experience: 10-15 years of post-PhD in-silico/in-vitro/in-vivo drug discovery experience is a must. Other experience include but not limited to generate hypothesis about mechanism of action of the drug based on the available scientific information; well versed with target protein families and its therapeutic involvement; Familiarity and/or experience with bioinformatics tools, techniques and database about drug, target and disease is required. Programming skills in Perl, UNIX and working knowledge of RDBMS is a plus. Candidate should have good analytical skills and out of the box thinking to process the drug discovery records.
Roles & Responsibilities: The selected candidates will be part of the Excelra Analytics group and work in the area of Pharma data analytics. You are responsible for research data analysis in both prospective and retrospective manner to generate the novel drug therapeutic utility hypothesis using number of different tools such as meta-analysis, pathway analysis and structural similarity analysis.
- Setting project goals
- Increasing productivity and efficiency of staff
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
- Presenting results to senior/other research staff
- Ability to lead a team creatively, nurturing team members.
- Good analytical skills combined with ability to recognize and implement plans.
- Writing research papers, reports, reviews and summaries
- Has to ensure that all members understand the team’s objectives and work together to achieve it.