Sr. Engineer, Production Automation
This role will be charged with developing and optimizing laboratory processes for automated lab equipment, primarily but not limited to the Hamilton Star liquid handler product line for handling reagents.
- Liquid handler instrumentation, including installation, service, development/programming and operation of the automated equipment.
- Develop sample tracking methods for robotic racks/plates/tubes and develop the link with automation integration and data analytics.
- Develop a method to automate Lipid Nanoparticle sizing.
- Develop a method for active pharmaceutical ingredient dose preparation.
- Develop robotic filtration method using a custom automated filtration system to be integrated with the Star liquid handler.
- Develop higher throughput and more walkaway automated solutions, coordinating multiple instruments via robotic arms and method schedulers.
- Assist in the development of a GMP work cell based on a highly-customized liquid handler.
- MS degree in Biotechnology or related field.
- Three years' experience programming and maintaining robotic liquid handler systems. Expertise with Hamilton Star product line strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with lipid nanoparticle sizing, API dose preparation, and development of GMP work cells.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.