Scientist / Staff Scientist, Immuno-Oncology
Position Summary Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
This position will be responsible for conducting complex in vivo and ex vivo tumor studies in mice using bispecific antibodies as part of the immune-oncology efforts within the Oncology group. This scientist will be responsible for developing new animal models, analyzing data and helping to integrate in vivo information with the goal of advancing leads clinically.
The qualified individual will have a strong background in one or more areas of tumor biology, immunology, oncology and/or immune-oncology with in vivo experience. Expertise in Hematology is a plus.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also required as this candidate will be expected to work productively in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
Attention to detail and timelines coupled with an aptitude for learning are also key elements of the position.
• Design, plan and independently perform individual experiments in vivo anti-tumor efficacy studies in mice which requires: cell culture, animal handling including dosing (IV, SC, IP) and measuring tumors as well as dissection.
• Design FACS panels and perform FACS analysis on human cells and murine cells – to investigate immune cell subsets from various organs and tumors
• Understand, analyze, and interpret various forms of data including FACs data and in vivo
• Synthesize results across experiments and programs in powerpoint presentations
• Present results to more senior scientists and management including clinical and regulatory
• The candidate must perform meticulous record keeping and generate scientific reports to support preclinical cancer drug development.
• Ability to write documents to support IND filings, patent applications, external conference
posters and journal articles.
Experimental lab work (in the vivarium and well as the laboratory) will be ~ 60-70% of the job
• Knowledge of how to design complex studies to interrogate efficacy of novel therapeutic immune-oncology antibodies in vivo.
• Ability to independently perform in vivo efficacy studies in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised mice ( bleeding, tumor implantation and monitoring tumor growth by caliper, IVIS and survival)
• Ability to perform cell culture on human and mouse cells, and to prepare cells to implant tumors into mice.
• Ability to dissect immune organs and tumors from mice and perform ex-vivo immune cell subset analysis by FACS.
• Skilled in development and design of FACS antibody panels to understand mechanism of bispecific antibody therapy in vivo
• Knowledge of FACS analysis and interpretation
• Ability to prepare powerpoint presentations and present to varied audiences
• Ability to communicate clearly and easily both within the team and across cross-functional teams, both written and verbally
• Ability to write documents to support IND filings, patent applications and external conference posters and journal articles
3-5 years following post-doc
This position will require the individual to pass a physical before beginning employment.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.