Central South University Calls for Global Talents
Situated in the famous historical and cultural city of Changsha, Hunan Province, Central South University (CSU) is a national key university under the direct administration of the Ministry of Education of China. The University is among the first group admitted into both Project 211, a project of building national key universities and colleges for the 21st century, and Project 985, a joint constructive project of building world-class universities co-sponsored by the Chinese central government and local governments，and one of the initiative leading universities selected for China’s Synergy Innovation Project 2011.
CSU was established by merging three separate universities: Hunan Medical University (HMU), Changsha Railway University (CRU) and Central South University of Technology (CSUT). With complete disciplines, CSU is equipped with perfect discipline systems including non-ferrous metals, medicine and rail traffic. Our 13 disciplines rank top 1% globally in terms of ESI, and Material Science ranking top 1‰ globally. CSU has three large-scale Grade 3 Class A comprehensive hospitals, including Xiangya Hospital, The Second Xiangya Hospital and The Third Xiangya Hospital, all known for “Xiangya in South China”. CSU now has 2 academicians of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), 14 academicians of Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), 57 members of Recruitment Program of Global Experts, 48 members of Cheung Kong Scholars Program, 7 national famous teachers, more than 1500 professors and equivalent with senior professional title, and 496 experts entitled to special government allowance.
"The elites were bred in Chu, and the best were clustered here." By virtue of 100 years' experience in operating a university, CSU is taking the opportunity of the construction of "the double tops" to promote internal comprehensive reform, thus creating a broad platform for global talents to give full play to their competence.
CSU hereby recruits various elites from around the world. CSU will provide excellent working conditions, generous remuneration and welfare and powerful support, thereby helping you pursue your dreams and make great achievements. You are welcome to join us!
I. Positions for Recruitment
(I) Leading talent: All candidates must comply with the Constitution and laws of the People's Republic of China, and have good character; be not more than 50 years old for science, engineering and medicine, and not more than 50 years old for humanities and social sciences; have obtained significant scientific research findings recognized among peers, and be capable of organizing and chairing national significant scientific research projects and international cooperation projects, and leading their own disciplines in catching up with and surpassing domestic and international advanced levels.
(II) National Thousand Youth Talents Plan: All candidates must comply with the Constitution and laws of the People's Republic of China and have good character; be not more than 40 years old; take formal position of teaching or scientific research in overseas famous universities and scientific research institutions; have obtained outstanding research findings, and have the development potential to be the academic leader in related field of study.
(III) Distinguished talent (Distinguished professor, associate professor): All candidates must comply with the Constitution and laws of the People's Republic of China and have good character; be not more than 40 years old, provided that the age limit may be relaxed for especially excellent candidates; in principle, have working experience as a post-doctor; meet corresponding academic assessment criteria of CSU or have obtained significant research findings, and have high development potential.
(IV) Youth teacher: All candidates must comply with the Constitution and laws of the People's Republic of China and have good character; be not more than 35 years old; in principle, have working experience as a post-doctor (for Physical Education specialty, a master's degree and above is required); meet corresponding academic assessment criteria of CSU. A candidate with doctor degree from a foreign university or working experience as a post-doctor in an overseas university is preferred.
II. Supporting Conditions
(I) Leading talent
1. CSU will provide annual salary of not less than RMB 600,000 and contribute social insurance and housing provident fund according to policy.
2. CSU will offer housing purchase allowance and settlement fee of RMB 1,000,000 (after-tax); and provide transition housing to any candidate who has no housing in downtown Changsha.
3. CSU will offer sufficient scientific research fund as per research stream and work need.
4. CSU will offer employment opportunity to the candidate's spouse.
5. CSU will set the indicators for teaching and scientific research staff and the admission indicators for doctoral candidate.
(II) National Thousand Youth Talents Plan:
1. CSU will provide annual salary of not less than RMB 500,000 and contribute social insurance and housing provident fund according to policy.
2. CSU will offer housing purchase allowance and settlement fee of RMB 1,300,000 (after-tax, including lump-sum living subsidy given by the state); candidates applying for "Hundred Youth Talents Plan of Hunan Province" will be entitled to the living subsidy of RMB 500,000 offered by the government of Hunan Province additionally; CSU will provide transition housing to any candidate who has no housing in downtown Changsha.
3. As per the research stream and work need, CSU will provide scientific research startup fund, the ratio of which to national grant is 1:1; CSU will support talents in applying for special grant of large-scale instrument and equipment as per their needs; any member of National Thousand Youth Talents Plan may apply for CSU’s "Innovation-driven Program" to get subsequent support.
4. CSU will offer employment opportunity to the candidate's spouse.
5. CSU will set the admission indicators for doctoral candidate.
(III) Distinguished talent
1. CSU will provide the distinguished professor with annual salary of not less than RMB 250,000 (not less than RMB 200,000 for distinguished associate professor) and contribute social insurance and housing provident fund according to policy.
2. CSU will offer housing purchase allowance and settlement fee of RMB 300,000-400,000 (after-tax); candidates applying for "Hundred Youth Talents Plan of Hunan Province" will be entitled to the living subsidy of RMB 500,000 offered by the government of Hunan Province; CSU will also provide transition housing to any candidate who has no housing in downtown Changsha.
3. As per the research stream and work need, CSU will provide scientific research startup fund of RMB 800,000-1,200,000 for science, engineering and medicine subjects, and that of RMB 200,000-400,000 for humanities and social sciences; any distinguished talent may apply for CSU's "Innovation-driven Program" to get subsequent support.
4. CSU will offer employment opportunity to the candidate’s spouse in an appropriate manner.
(IV) Youth teacher
CSU will offer appropriate housing purchase allowance (settlement fee) and scientific research startup fund as per research stream; CSU will also provide transition housing to any candidate who has no housing in downtown Changsha; a youth teacher may apply for CSU's "Innovation-driven Program" to get subsequent support.
(V) Other supporting conditions
1. CSU will offer prioritized support to talents in resource configuration, team building, experiment platform building, application for talent projects and international exchange and cooperation.
2. CSU will rely upon resources of its affiliated hospitals to provide quality healthcare services.
3. CSU will assist talents in going through household settlement formalities and assist candidates of National Thousand Youth Talents Plan and Hundred Youth Talents Plan of Hunan Province in dealing with related formalities for their children to study in primary and middle schools in Changsha City.
4. All candidates will be entitled to related preferential policies and services of Hunan Province and Changsha City with respect to talent introduction.
III. Application and Contact Information
(I) Application Method
Any candidate applying for any position must send his/her resume to the email of contact person of each school (for details, see contact information of each school or affiliated hospital) or Department of Human Resources, CSU, specifying name, position applied and discipline or specialty involved. We will check out each email and give a reply in a timely manner.
Resume must contain: general information and contact details, education background and working experience, main academic achievements, scientific research projects as led, representative articles and monographs, patents and awards, etc.
(II) Contact information
1. Department of Human Resources, CSU
Contact persons: Qiu Fei, Chen Ke, Liu Qinglyu, Chen Yuru
Email with respect to application for Leading Talent and National Thousand Youth Talents Plan: email@example.com
Email with respect to application for distinguished talent and youth teacher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 86-731-88836107, 88830310, 88877991
Mailing address: Office of Talent Development, Department of Human Resources, Room 324, Office Building No.1, Central South University, No.932 Lushan South Road, Changsha City, Hunan Province
2.Demand plan and contact information of each school
School of Mathematics and Statistics
Computational Mathematics/Operations Research and Control Theory, Applied Mathematics/Fundamental Mathematics, Statistics/Probability Statistics
School of Physical Science and Electronics
Surface and Interface Physics, Spintronics, Mesoscopic Physics, Micro-nano Optics, Printed Electronics, Signal Processing and Communication System, Microelectronic Device and Microwave Technology, Modern Electronic System and Integration
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Physical Chemistry of Metallurgy, Inorganic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Chemical Process, Applied Chemistry, Organic Polymer Chemistry, Analytic Chemistry
College of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (including Light Alloy Research Institute)
New Energy Automobile, Automotive Intelligence, Light-weight Automobile, Mechanical Design, Electromechanical Engineering, Material Fabrication
School of Energy Science and Engineering
Solar Photovoltaic, New Energy Resource Related Technology, Thermotechnical (Energy) Automation, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Thermal Engineering
School of Materials Science and Engineering
Material Design, New Light-weight Alloy Materials, Nano New Materials
Powder Metallurgy Research Institute
Computational Materials Science, Macromolecular Materials, Composite Material Science, Computational Materials for New Energy Resources
School of Traffic and Transportation Engineering
Vehicle Operation Engineering, Traffic Information Engineering and Control, Traffic and Transportation Planning and Management, Traffic Equipment, Traffic Engineering, Traffic Safety, Logistic Engineering, Logistic Management, etc.; Machinery Design, Manufacturing and Automation, Vehicle Engineering, Fundamental Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Aerodynamics; Management Science and Engineering, E-commerce, Corporate Management, Operations Research, Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics, Test Control, Information Control, Communication Signal, Acoustics
Shu Wenjie, Zou Yanghua
School of Civil Engineering
Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Engineering and Protection Engineering, Bridge and Tunnel Engineering, Civil Engineering Planning and Management, Fire Engineering, Road and Railway Engineering, Urban Rail Transit Engineering, Solid Mechanics, Engineering Mechanics
School of Metallurgy and Environment
Iron and Steel Metallurgy, Electrochemistry, Computing Physical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry of Pyrometallurgy, Physical Chemistry of Material Fabrication, Non-ferrous Metallurgy, Material Metallurgy or New Energy Resource Materials and Devices stream, Water Pollution Control, Environmental Microbiology, Chemistry or Bioengineering, Applied Chemistry, Metallurgical Engineering, Soil Pollution Control and Remediation, Atmosphere Pollution and Control, Environmental Ecological Engineering
School of Geosciences and Info-physics
Structural Geology, Mineralogy, Petrology, Gitology, Sedimentology (non-conventional oil and gas exploration), Underground Water Science and Engineering, Mineral Prospecting and Exploration, Solid Geophysics, Geophysics, Exploration Geophysics, Geological Engineering, Engineering Geological Hydrology, Geodetic Survey, Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Mapping and Geographic Information Engineering
School of Resources and Safety Engineering
Mining Process, Filling Theory and Technology, Impact Dynamics, Fire Engineering or Fire Protection Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering (Equipment), Management Engineering, Underground Structure, Urban Underground Space Planning
School of Minerals Processing and Bioengineering
Mineral Engineering, Iron and Steel Metallurgy, Inorganic Materials, Bioengineering and Biotechnology
School of Software
School of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Aircraft Design, Aeronautics Spacecraft Manufacturing Engineering, Aeronautics and Aerospace Propulsion Theory and Engineering, Navigation, Guidance and Control
School of Information Science and Engineering
Control Science and Engineering, Pattern Recognition and Smart System/Detection Technology and Automatic Device, Information and Communications Engineering, Information and Signal Processing, Information Security, Power Electronic and Power Transmission/Power System and Automation /Electric Motor and Electric Equipment, Computer Science and Technology, Transparent Computing and Active Service, Computing Optimization and Bioinformatics, Computer Vision and Medical Big Data, Network Security and New Generation Network Computing Pattern, Network Resources Management and Brain-like Research
Information Security and Big Data Research Institute
Computer Science and Technology
School of Basic Medical Science
Pathology and Pathologic Physiology (Immunology or Metabolism stream), Immunology, Microbiology, Human Anatomy, Forensic Toxicology/Forensic Pathology, Physiology or Biochemistry, Pathologic Biology/ Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Clinical Medicine
XiangYa School of Public Health
Social Medicine and Health Service Management, Epidemiology and Health Statistics, Labor Hygiene and Environmental Hygiene, Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health, Hygiene Toxicology, Nutrition and Food Hygiene
Xiang Ya Nursing School
Basic Nursing, Surgical Nursing
Xiangya School of Stomatology
Endodontics, Oral Mucosa, Periodontal, Pediatric Dentistry, Oral Prophylaxis, Orthodontics, Prosthodontics, Dental Implantation, Dentofacial Surgery, Oral Imaging, Oral Biology, Basic Medicine, and Experiment Research, etc.
Hu Xiaoping, Lyu Xiaochen
Xiangya School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutics/ Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmacology
School of Life Sciences
Hematopoietic Stem Cells and Tumor related, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Developmental Biology, Botany, Cell Biology and Microbiology, Genetics, Clinical Genetics, Cell Biology
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Xiangya School of Medicine
Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics
The College of Literature and Journalism
Chinese Language and Literature, Journalism and Communication, Digital Publishing
School of Foreign Language
English, Minority Language
School of Architecture and Art
Architectural, Urban and Rural Planning, Product Design, Visual Communication Design, Environmental Art Design, Art Theory
Big Data Analysis, Information Management, E-commerce, Accounting, Accounting Information System, Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Operations Management, Strategic Management, Human Resources Management, Financial Management (Capital Market Accounting), Investment and Financing Management, Marketing, Finance, International Trade, Regional Economics, Industrial Economics
School of Law
Civil and Commercial Law, Constitutional Law and Administrative Law, Criminal Jurisprudence, Procedural Law, Economic Law, International Law, Environmental Law, Intellectual Property Law
School of Marxism
Localization of Marxism in China, Studies on Basic Issues of Chinese Modern and Contemporary History, Fundamental Principles of Marxism, Ethics, Psychology, History of the Development of Marxism
School of Public Administration
Local Governance, Public Security and Emergence Response Management, Public Policy, Ethics, Philosophy of Science and Technology, Education Philosophy, Social Theory and Methodology, Social Work (MSW)
Department of Physical Education
Sports Education Training: Table Tennis, Tennis, Volleyball, Football; Sports Humanistic Sociology
Teacher Peng, Teacher Xia
Research Center of Chinese Village Culture
Human Culture Heritage (including Anthropology, Sociology, Ethnology, Study of Religion, Architecture, Art Science, Studies of Historical Literature, etc)
The Second Xiangya Hospital
The Third Xiangya Hospital