Director of Corporate Partnerships
Director of Corporate Partnerships
Reporting to both the Executive Dean for Administration and Finance and the Executive Director for Research, the Director of Corporate Partnerships will establish and maintain strategic corporate partnerships in alignment with the mission, vision and values of SEAS. The Director will promote research, identified as a priority by the Dean, through collaboration and funding; expand SEAS influence and contributions through targeted executive education programs; enhance student learning opportunities through internships; and contribute positive net revenue to the School's bottom-line.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute a thorough assessment of potential strategic corporate partnerships in research, executive education, and student internships – considering faculty/research expertise, corporate needs, and SEAS – Corporation mutual success factors (shared values, mutual desired outcomes, SEAS capacity, financial outcomes)
- Convert assessment into an implementation plan, to include:
- A business plan, including necessary investments (including staff) and financial projections
- Establishment of a faculty and corporate advisory board
- Internal (Harvard and SEAS) and external (corporate, professional organizations) engagement and communication plans
- Measurable outcomes
- Implement and manage a successful corporate partnership program:
- Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders within SEAS, Harvard, and with corporate partners
- Develop and market the SEAS and Harvard brand to industry leaders
- Serve as liaison on behalf of SEAS to corporate executives and decision makers
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations, develop proposals, and effectively communicate advantages and outcomes of partnerships and related programs
- Ensure ongoing collaboration and continuity of programs
- Annually or bi-annually assess outcomes and adjust as appropriate
- Prepare and manage annual operational plans and budgets
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of eight years of experience in a scientific or engineering field, including experience working in a research organization.
- Master's degree in a related field strongly preferred (e.g. engineering or applied sciences)
- Proven record in building strategic professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and in innovative and effective collaboration and communication
- Related experience working with faculty and corporations, such as:
- Establishing and/or managing a successful university related corporate relationships program
- Negotiating with faculty and corporations to achieve a mutually beneficial agreement
- Working with faculty and teaching professionals to develop and deliver executive education programs
- Working with career development and teaching professionals to establish and maintain strong higher education student internship programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience writing business plans or proposals and delivering presentations to senior leaders
- Ability to present information effectively to various audiences
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and the ability to influence and work with others
- Ability to manage, grow and sustain a portfolio of multiple projects from various partners
- Financial acumen and competency with MS Office
- Background in research and development preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
SEAS is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
The Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences serves as the connector and integrator of Harvard's teaching and research efforts in engineering, applied sciences, and technology. Our core tenets are: educating broad-minded students; interdisciplinary research; integration across disciplines; and balancing theory, experimentation and practice to create an unmatched environment for learning and exploration. Through collaboration with researchers from all parts of Harvard, other universities, and industry, we bring discovery and innovation directly to bear on improving human life and society. For more information about us, please visit www.seas.harvard.edu.
To apply, visit http://www.employment.harvard.edu/careers/, search requisition 43133BR.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.