LSA Collegiate Postdoctoral Fellowship
LSA Collegiate Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
Fellowship Period: August 1, 2018 - July 31, 2020
Application Deadline: Monday, October 2, 2017
The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA) at the University of Michigan invites applicants to our LSA Collegiate Postdoctoral Fellowship Program.
This major initiative is aimed at promoting an inclusive scholarly environment, recruiting and retaining exceptional early career scholars, and supporting outstanding scholars committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive intellectual community. The program is administered by the National Center for Institutional Diversity (NCID) at the University of Michigan.
The two-year fellowship program provides early career scholars with dedicated research time, mentorship, teaching experience, travel funding, and professional development opportunities to prepare them for possible tenure-track appointments in LSA. Candidates whose scholarship, teaching, or service will contribute to the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of LSA are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are welcome from any field represented in LSA academic departments (see website listed below for eligible departments). Review committees will evaluate applicants according to their potential for success in an academic career and contribution to higher education through their demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- To be eligible, applicants’ doctoral degrees should be completed between January 1, 2015 and July 1, 2018.
- Individuals awarded a Ph.D. from U-M, or currently holding a postdoctoral or faculty position at U-M, are not eligible.
- LSA Collegiate Fellows will receive a salary of $60,000, and $7,000 for conference travel and research expenses.
- During the two-year term of appointment, the fellow will participate in the LSA Teaching Academy during their first year, and teach one course a year in the host department. The remainder of the fellows’ time will be devoted to pursuing research. Each fellow will receive career advising from a mentor during their fellowship.
Additional program and application information can be found on LSA’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion website: http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/about/diversity--equity-and-inclusion/lsa-collegiate-postdoctoral-fellowship-program.html
Inquiries may be directed to NCID at firstname.lastname@example.org.