Nanoscale Electronics and Mechanics Scientist
Nanoscale Electronics and Mechanics Scientist
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, New Mexico
The Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies (CINT) has an opportunity for an outstanding, experienced scientist to join CINT as a scientific leader in the Nanoscale Electronics and Mechanics (NEM) Thrust. CINT is a Department of Energy/Office of Science Nanoscale Science Research Center operated jointly by Los Alamos and Sandia National Laboratories for the Office of Basic Energy Sciences (BES) as a national user facility devoted to establishing the scientific principles that govern the design, performance, functionality and integration of nanoscale materials. This position represents one of three groups in the Materials Physics and Applications Division (MPA) at Los Alamos National Laboratory. As a member of the NEM Thrust team, you will develop and maintain a scientific program of nanoscale science and user activities as you carry out your own vigorous program of scientific investigation and user interactions within the general area of nanoscale electronics and mechanics. You will also contribute substantially to setting the strategic direction for the NEM Thrust and have the opportunity to interact with a broader set of sponsors beyond BES who may benefit from CINT’s materials research advances in areas ranging from national security to applied energy programs. This Scientist Level 4 position is approximately at the level of a full professor at a research University.
- Ph.D. in a relevant field of science or engineering
- Demonstrated record of scientific research achievement (through publications, citations, and presentations) in microstructural characterization, evaluation structure-property relationship and/or investigation of mechanical phenomena at the nanoscale
- Recognized reputation as evidenced by criteria that may include the organization of symposia and workshops at the national level, as well as service on scientific societal committees and review panels
- Demonstrated success as the lead for proposal development efforts and participation in and/or leadership of research projects of major importance and impact to the scientific community
- Experience developing, leading and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams across organizational boundaries
- Experience in recruitment and mentoring of students, post-doctoral associates and early career staff
- Experience supervising technical support personnel and/or research groups
- Ability to obtain DOE Q clearance (U.S. citizenship required)
- Demonstrated knowledge of electron microscopy (TEM, SEM, LEEM) or other materials characterization techniques (AFM, electrical/magnetic property measurements, diffraction-based techniques).
- Demonstrated knowledge of nanomaterial synthesis over a wide range of techniques including Physical Vapor Deposition, Chemical Vapor Deposition, Molecular Beam Epitaxy, Pulsed Laser Deposition, or Severe Plastic Deformation
Salary Range: $114,500 - $192,900
Los Alamos National Laboratory is more than a place to work. It is a catalyst for discovery, innovation and achievement. It’s one of the reasons we attract world-class talent who contribute greatly to our outstanding culture. Professional development, work/life balance and a diverse and inclusive team foster lasting career satisfaction. Our onsite cafeterias and medical, fitness and breastfeeding facilities, education assistance and generous compensation and benefits reflect our commitment to providing our people with all they need for personal and professional growth.
Launch Your Career! For complete details and to apply, visit us at: http://lanl.jobs/los-alamos-nm/nem-thrust-scientist-scientist-4/0F8AB231E3DE478F9DECCE2D4D4BB79D/job/
www.lanl.gov/careers - IRC57024
Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regards to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1.