Postdoctoral Research Scientist
Research position at the level of Postdoctoral Research Scientist is available at the Center for High-Throughput Minimally-Invasive Radiation Biodosimetry at Columbia University Medical Center to join a research team tasked with the development, optimization and validation of robotically-based commercial high-content, high throughput cellular screening systems for radiation biodosimetry. Qualified candidates should have a PhD in cell biology, biochemistry, biophysics or cytogenetics and have experience with immunofluorescent cell-based assays for the quantitative detection of protein biomarkers. Experience working with image analysis techniques and high content dataset analysis would be advantageous as a large focus of the work will be to use and develop high throughput methods for the detection of DNA damage in blood cells. The applicant will also be involved in ongoing projects devoted to the development of high-throughput assay systems and biomarker discovery based at the Center for Radiological Research (CRR.columbia.edu). The project team is highly multidisciplinary consisting of physicists, engineers and biologists, so good communication skills are a must.
More jobs like this
- Healthcare/Hospital Full Time Life Sciences jobs in New York City
- Healthcare/Hospital Full Time Biology jobs in New York City
- Healthcare/Hospital Full Time Biophysics jobs in New York City
- Healthcare/Hospital Full Time Cell Biology jobs in New York City
- Healthcare/Hospital Full Time Physical Sciences jobs in New York City