Faculty Search, “ZJU100 Young Professor” - Hundred Talents Program
Faculty Search for Zhejiang University, China
Hundred Talents Program
About Zhejiang University
Located in the historical and picturesque city of Hangzhou, Zhejiang University is a prestigious institution of higher education with a long history. After a hundred years of construction and development, Zhejiang University has become a comprehensive research university with distinctive features and relatively great impact at home and abroad. Research at Zhejiang University spans 12 academic disciplines, covering philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, art, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, management and etc. In all 22 disciplines of ESI, there are 18 disciplines leading to top 1% in the world. Zhejiang University has always been committed to cultivating talent with excellence, advancing science and technology development, serving for social well-being, and promoting advanced culture with the spirit best manifested by the university motto “Seeking the Truth and Pioneering New Trails”. Zhejiang University has long been holding the educational philosophy of putting people foremost, cultivating students in an all-round way, seeking the truth and pioneering new trails in search of excellence, and is committed to cultivating future leaders with an international perspective.
Hundred Talents Program
Zhejiang University (ZJU) is seeking faculty candidates for highly competitive, well funded, and newly launched Hundred Talents Program. This program covers all colleges and departments at ZJU. Successful candidates are expected to establish internationally competitive and independent research program in cutting-edge areas of relevant field. They are required to work full-time and deliver excellent research and teaching at Zhejiang University, following the spirit of “Seeking the Truth and Pioneering New Trails”.
Candidates should have:
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and research;
- A proven track record of academic achievements, which are comparable to those of assistant professors or associate professors in world-renowned universities;
- A doctoral degree from a world-renowned university, preferably with postdoctoral experiences.
Young and mid-career researchers are particularly welcomed to apply.
What we offer
The successful candidate will be employed as “ZJU100 Young Professor”, who is qualified to supervise doctoral students. The university will offer:
- A decent compensation package;
- Subsidized housing available for qualified researchers to purchase;
- Internationally competitive startup packages for research;
- Large office and laboratory space with well-equipped facilities.
How to apply
Qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following materials in PDF format:
- A comprehensive CV;
- A statement of research and teaching plan;
- Certificates of academic degrees;
- Three writing samples of major publications;
- A list of 3 to 5 references with detailed contact information.
Zhejiang University sincerely invites highly talented scientists and scholars to join us. Together, we will create a glorious future for Zhejiang University and its people.
- Contact information
Talents Office, Human Resources Department
Zijingang Campus, Zhejiang University
No. 866, Yuhangtang Road, Hangzhou
Zhejiang, 310058, P.R. China
Web: http:// talent.zju.edu.cn
For other detailed recruitment information, please visit our website: http://talent.zju.edu.cn/redir.php?catalog_id=20038&object_id=40799.