Assistant Professor in Genome Editing and Bioinformatics
The Department of Biological Sciences at Michigan Technological University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position with expertise in genome editing and bioinformatics. We are interested in applicants who are using cutting edge genome editing techniques to answer fundamental questions in biology. We seek scientists to build on the departmental strengths in biochemistry and molecular biology as well as ecology, evolution, and human health.
1. Establish a vigorous, externally funded research program that support our graduate program.
2. Teaching undergraduate courses related to molecular biology and participation in undergraduate and graduate courses in area of expertise.
3. Supervising graduate students.
4. Service to the department and university.
5. Apply safety-related knowledge, skills, and practices to everyday work.
6. Commit to learning about continuous improvement strategies and applying them to everyday work.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.