Sales Manager, Food Safety Segment
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and
you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring
coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant
contributions to the world.
Remotely based in and managing the Western US territory, you'll lead a team of 10 Account Managers driving sales growth for our Microbiology Food Safety portfolio. This portfolio of business contributes to Thermo Fisher Scientific's overall success by providing the best microbiology products in food quality and safety testing.
As a part of the company and this team, you'll be able to provide leadership and management directions that enable the region sales organization to execute the tactical sales plan.
- Creates, develops and recommends goals, objectives and policies to ensure the most effective operation and staffing of sales activities within the region
- Establishes and maintains sales force staffing to ensure that the company's long term sales objectives can be met within a timely manner
- Develops and manages the region processes for: creating sales strategies and tactical plans, sales assumptions and projections, sales goals, compensation, incentives, bonus and expenses
- Facilitates the management of key business and customer relationships and negotiates potential business opportunities for the company which are consistent with its long-term objectives
- Provides leadership and management direction that enables the regional sales organization to execute the tactical sales plan
- Responsible for the creation, organization, coordination, frequency, objectives, budget and implementation of region sales meetings
- Directs, manages and coaches the activities of the sales representatives within their region. Working with corporate recruiting, screens, interviews and recommends hiring of field sales personnel. Monitors sales performance and manages performance improvement plans.
- Manage Account Manager training to include: selling skills, territory management Thermo Fisher products and processes, pricing, competition and account management.
- Provides administrative control over responsibilities, written performance reviews and a development plan for each employee, completes written performance goals and quarterly reviews with each direct report
- Maintains regular contacts with major Customer and Distributor accounts, continuously builds knowledge of industry trends, developments and all competitive activities
- Provides periodic reports on sales activities and provide sales forecasts as directed
- Bachelors Degree in business, marketing or science required.
- 5-8 years sales/sales management experience within the Food Safety market
- Strong track record of success in molecular equipment /consumables sales required
- Proven leadership skills, with financial and business acumen
- Impactful presentation skills
- Proficiency in Windows 7 + and Microsoft Office Suite, CRM platforms, and other commonly used software
- Ability to travel 50% - 75%
- Prior management or supervisory experience desired
to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.