Doctoral grant (BOF) area of Medical Sciences - Pediatrics
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is seeking to fill the following full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Laboratory of Experimental Medicine and Pediatrics for a
Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of Medical Sciences - Pediatrics
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Medical Sciences - Pediatrics, entitled “Upper airway evaluation in children with multifactorial sleep apnea (i.e. Down syndrome, obesity). This research project encompasses clinical research applying innovative imaging techniques including functional respiratory imaging and drug induced sedation endoscopy in the management of children and adolescents with multifactorial sleep apnea.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to teaching and research in the Laboratory of Experimental Medicine and Pediatrics of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in Medicine or Biomedical Sciences.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university's policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You are interested in applied clinical research.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years;
- the start date of scholarship will be 1 October 2017;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.280,27 - € 2.419,84;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online until the closing date 15 August 2017 and should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place from 21 August until 15 September 2017.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Stijn Verhulst, 03 821 35 63, email@example.com.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and