Doctoral grant (BOF) area of Tumor immunology and targeted therapies for solid tumors
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Center for Oncological Research for a
Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of tumor immunology and targeted therapies for solid tumors
Project: Involving the innate immune system in p53-targeted combination therapies.
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of tumor immunology and targeted therapies for solid tumors, studying the effects of p53 activation on the innate immune response.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to teaching and research in the Center for Oncological Research of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in in Biomedical or Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bioscience Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Medicine, Biology or equivalent.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university's policy.
- You are driven, quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- Knowledge of immunology is required.
- Experience with sterile cell culture, flow cytometry, pathological techniques, molecular assays and/or immunoassays is an asset.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of scholarship will be 1 October, 1 November or 1 December 2017 or 1 January 2018;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.280,27 - € 2.419,84;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online until the closing date 15 August 2017 and should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place from 21 August until 15 September 2017.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Dr. Evelien Smits (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and