Doctoral grant (BOF) area of Musculoskeletal physiotherapy
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy for a
Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of musculoskeletal physiotherapy, more specifically in the research topic ‘osteoarthritis'.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to teaching and research in the area of musculoskeletal physiotherapy.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy, preferably in the graduation direction Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy in musculoskeletal conditions or internal conditions.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university's policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have demonstrable interest and preferably competence in the following research topics: knee complaints, osteoarthritis, joint replacement, chronic pain.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of scholarship will be 1 October, 1 November or 1 December 2017 or 1 January 2018;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.280,27 - € 2.419,84;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online until the closing date 15 August 2017 and should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place from 21 August until 15 September 2017.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. Mira Meeus (email@example.com) or dr. Isabel Baert (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and