Doctoral Grant (BOF) area of burn rehabilitation
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy - MOVANT for a
Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of burn rehabilitation
on the boundary between the research domains of 'Improved Living' and 'Lifestyle Exchange'.
MOVANT: During the PhD. project the effects of severe burns on energy expenditure, hypermetabolism and muscle function (strength) will be investigated. Besides the fundamental research questions the effect of a rehabilitative exercise strength training on energy expenditure, hyper metabolism and muscle function will be investigated.
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to teaching and research in Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy / MOVANT/ Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy, Biomedical Sciences, Medicine or/and Movement Sciences.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university's policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have a good working knowledge of English, experience with English writing is an asset.
- You are prepared to travel independently to several burn centres during the whole period of the project.
- You are interested in a possible temporary international experience during the project.
- Merit are experience in patient contact, -communication and -motivational skills.
- You take initiative when required and you have the competence of working in a group as well as independently.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of scholarship will be 1 October, 1 November or 1 December 2017 or 1 January 2018;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.280,27 - € 2.419,84;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online until the closing date 15 August 2017 and should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place from 21 August until 15 September 2017.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Ulrike Van Daele, +32 (0)3 265238., firstname.lastname@example.org or Prof Eric van Breda; +32468349192; email@example.com.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and