Doctoral grant (BOF) area of Symplectic geometry and Dynamical systems
The Faculty of Science of the University of Antwerp (Belgium) is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Sciences for a
Doctoral Fellowship by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of Symplectic Geometry and Dynamical Systems
Webpage: Supervisor: Prof. Sonja Hohloch
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Modern symplectic geometry and Dynamical systems, for instance in Integrable Hamiltonian systems and/or Floer homology and/or their interactions.
- This includes publishing scientific articles related to the research project.
- You will contribute to the teaching in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Sciences by giving or supporting exercise sessions of mathematics courses (moderate teaching load, enough time for research).
Profile and requirements
- You hold (or are about to obtain) a master degree in mathematics or theoretical physics.
- You do not already hold a PhD in Mathematics and/or physics.
- You have a very good and broad knowledge in geometry and dynamical systems.
- You speak English fluently.
- You are willing to learn Dutch if you do not yet speak it (language classes are provided).
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for another two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of scholarship will be 1 October, 1 November or 1 December 2017 or 1 January 2018;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.280,27 - € 2.419,84;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online until the closing date 15 August 2017 and should include
- a cover letter,
- a copy of your CV,
- PDF files of your bachelor and master thesis,
- contact data of your bachelor and master advisor,
- your bachelor and master certificates containing a detailed list of your grades.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Sonja Hohloch, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and