Doctoral Grant (BOF) area of Electrochemistry
The Faculty of Science is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Chemistry for a
Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of elemistry
A unique combination of a photo-electrochemical detection with the use of porphyrins and phthalocyanines as labels of oligonucleotides definitely holds innovation in the field of DNA-based biosensing. Extensive studies of structure-properties correlation in phthalocyanines and their analogues allow to tune the structure to desirable characteristics for photo-electrochemical sensing. The research will be performed in the AXES research group (Antwerp X-ray Analysis, Electrochemistry and Speciation.
More info: https://www.uantwerpen.be/axes
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Electrochemistry.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to teaching and research in the AXES research group, Chemistry Department, Faculty of Sciences.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in chemistry, physics, bioscience or applied engineering.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university's policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- Good communicative skills and multidisciplinary interest.
- Excellent knowledge of English, both oral and written.
- You have an excellent theoretical knowledge, preferably also experimental experience, in one of the following research domains: (bio)electrochemistry, aptamer research or photosensitizers.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of scholarship will be 1 January 2018;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.280,27 - € 2.419,84;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online until the closing date 15 August 2017 and should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place from 21 August until 15 September 2017.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. dr. Karolien De Wael, 0032/3/265.33.35, email@example.com.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and