Engineer II, Software Test/Integration
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the requirements (both explicit and implicit) of the system under development
- Develop test cases and a test plan based on the requirements and release schedules
- Execute test cases described and documented in the test plan
- Identify failures during test execution and log appropriate information needed to allow the developer to understand, reproduce, and address the issue
- Exercise good judgment determining priority and severity of defects
- Champion and track resolution of identified software issues.
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION:
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues and determine root cause of defects
- Working knowledge of software testing concepts and systematic testing
- Working knowledge of complex multi-tier software architectures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows based operating systems
- Demonstrated risk-based mindset when evaluating and communicating test results and status
- Ability to work independently to initiate, take ownership of, and lead testing of individual system components as well as fully integrated platforms.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills, and the ability to work independently as well as being a team player.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of relevant fields and techniques
- B.A./B.S. Computer Science, Engineering, Physical or Natural Sciences required (or equivalent experience)
- 2- 3 years professional experience in commercial software testing
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- Working knowledge of agile/scrum product development principles.
- Experience with one or more programming languages
- Working knowledge of automated test tools and their implementation
- Working knowledge of database systems (SQL Server or Oracle).
- Previous industrial product development experience strongly preferred
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.