Technical Application Scientist III
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The POROS R&D team is seeking an innovative scientist for research and development of new chromatography resins for use in large scale biopurification processes. Ideal candidates have strong protein purification, chromatography or HPLC experience with proficiency using multiple modes of chromatographic separation, and strong analytical methods development experience (HPLC and non-HPLC). Previous experience product development using a commercialization stage gate process is highly desirable.
- Leads applications efforts and acts as the internal customer advocate within new product development programs.
- Partners with field applications and business unit colleagues to develop strong product positioning statements, customer requirement and product requirement specifications.
- Partners with chemistry and engineering colleagues to ensure new protein purification products are developed to and characterized against required specifications.
- Innovates new methods for characterization of chromatography resins and uses appropriate analytical approaches as appropriate to assess resin performance and functionality.
- Develops project plans and executes bench experiments and documents activities to ensure on time development of desired products.
- Drafts process SOPs and transfers methods and technology into Quality Control.
- Collaborates with field applications colleagues to support alpha and beta testing of new products and presents key findings and recommendations to product development teams.
- Works within corporate product commercialization guidelines and quality systems to ensure products are developed with appropriate design control and quality attributes.
- Develops key proof statements and marketing literature to support new product introductions.
- Collaborates with business and sales colleagues in pre and post-sales situations.
- Provides customer applications support for existing products.
- Educated to BS or MS in Biochemistry or related fields with significant experience or PhD in biochemistry, protein purification or related field with 2-4 years of lab experience.
- Chromatography and HPLC experience is essential including affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion, HIC, and/or reversed-phase techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented for lab and documentation responsibilities.
- Computer literate in use of Microsoft Office
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.