R&D Project Leader Electronics Design & Manufacturing
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
The IC-link unit of imec supports companies and academia worldwide with electronics design and manufacturing services spanning the complete value chain from IC design and manufacturing to electronic assembly design, manufacturing and system integration. The Electronic Assembly (EA) department of IC-link supports industry and academia with the development of Printed Board Assemblies through its Center of Electronics Design and Manufacturing network and activities (www.cedm.be). EA also supports imec research in domains like life sciences and healthcare, imagers, smart (energy) systems, flexible electronics, etc., with modeling and reliability R&D, prototyping and industrialization.
These will be your main tasks:
- You will be project leader with full responsibility of funded projects in which the EA department participates(1).
- You take the lead in defining new funded projects(1).
(1) Leadership of full project or of EA contribution in the project.
- As project leader, your primary focus is the industrial applicability of the R&D project results by our customers.
- You actively participate in the scientific activities of the funded projects of EA.
- Together with your colleagues you will provide consultancy and support to our customers.
- You will present the EA and cEDM activities at work meetings, seminars, conferences and in publications.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and