Scientist III--Pharma Analytics
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Designs, plans and executes experiments in support of new product development.
- Critically analyzes complex data using knowledge of the scientific field, interprets and integrates experimental results with project objectives.
- Responsible for technical leadership of projects.
- Performs statistical analysis and DOE methods.
- Contributes innovative ideas for new products and intellectual property.
- Collaborates with peers and cross functional teams.
- Writes technical and business communications including papers and posters.
- Gives effective internal and external presentations
- Stays abreast of relevant scientific trends and changes in the life science industry.
- Develops procedures and documentation for manufacturing and testing of new and existing products.
- Supports technical questions related to on-market products
- Experiences gained through obtaining a PhD degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related field with up to 3 years of industry experience or Master's degree with 3-5 years' experience, or Bachelor's degree with 8 -10 years' experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following techniques; qPCR, Immunoassay, HPLC, Mass Spectrometry, Capillary Electrophoresis, and Ion Torrent Next Generation Sequencing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to be highly creative, flexible, and adaptable in a complex, matrixed environment
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and specialized programs for graphing and presenting data
- Experience with ISO 9001/13485, GLP/GMP, and ERP software, such as Agile, E1, SAP, is preferred.
- Bioinformatics and/or software development experience.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.