Manager, Practical Process Improvement Business System
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is responsible for overall Practical Process Improvement (PPI) Business System implementation and activities at the San Diego Thermo Fisher Scientific site. This responsibility includes assisting the leadership team in the development of a perpetual plan (funnel) for PPI projects; provide guidance in tool selection, expertise and training. The successful candidate will define and develop a process for idea generation, develop ideas into projects, align and prioritize projects with business priorities, then train, coach and mentor teams to execute projects with PPI tools and assist in tracking the results that support the overall business strategy.
- Lead PPI across the business, which includes driving improvement in CAS through customer delivery & improved quality, as well as cost reduction and avoidance to improve profitability
- Utilize the PPI 8 step problem solving methodology to deliver sustainable results
- Conduct organizational training for the PPI problem solving and PPI Lean tools.
- Work closely with the leadership team to accelerate culture change and embed the PPI Business System as a “way-to-work” at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Ensure goal tree alignment and project alignment within the business to achieve annual cost saving and working capital targets.
- Develop and improve the metric reporting process, ensuring the site is accounting for all benefits accurately and fully.
- Drive “daily accountability” throughout the organization and deploy the Tier Board System.
- Coordinate and interact with other PPI professionals around the company to identify, implement and take advantage of best practices across the business
- Act as a change agent, systematically driving use of tools for continuous improvement and positive change throughout the organization
- Bachelor's degree in business or a technical field
- Experience leading continuous improvement in business and manufacturing processes.
- Thorough understanding of tools such as but not limited to: strategy deployment, transformation, 5S, material flow, visual management, RCCM, tiered daily management
- Accomplished written, oral and presentation skills
- Comfortable conversing at all levels of the organization
- Lean experience with a proven track record that delivers results
- Advanced degree in business or technical field
- Qualified as a PPI Process Manager (training will be given)
- Broad knowledge of organizational processes
- Willingness and ability to travel 25%
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, decision-making and conflict management skills
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.