Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Clinical Anatomy
DEPARTMENT OF ANATOMY
SCHOOL OF BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic researcher and teacher to join a growing and highly committed group of clinical anatomy researchers and teachers in a large, diverse and research-oriented Department. We are seeking candidates with energy and vision to pursue and engage in new opportunities in the area of clinical anatomy.
In this role, you will be required to:
- undertake world-leading research, preferentially in clinical anatomy, developing/building a strong portfolio of publications and grant successes; and
- contribute to the development and delivery of clinical anatomy teaching programmes at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels to Health Science (medical, dental and physiotherapy) and Science students.
The Department offers:
- a world-class working environment in a top-ranked University, and an Anatomy Department ranked 24th in the 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject;
- interdisciplinary programmes encompassing clinical anatomy, biological anthropology, neuroscience, and reproduction, genomics and development;
- excellent support in teaching and research.
Your Skills and Experience
We seek an appointee who:
- is committed to excellence in research and has proven research ability/excellence within their field of research; and
- is committed to excellence in research-led teaching and has proven clinical anatomy teaching ability especially within undergraduate and/or postgraduate medical programmes.
Applicants for appointment as a Senior Lecturer will have an on-going and active independent research programme with funding success; applicants for appointment as a Lecturer will have the potential to develop such a programme.
Applicants will hold a PhD or equivalent qualification e.g. Doctor of Medicine (MD); Master of Surgery; a professional clinical qualification would be advantageous.
Applications should include a cover letter, a CV, an outline of the candidate's teaching philosophy and a research plan.
The University of Otago is an EEO employer committed to the Treaty of Waitangi and to equity.
The Department of Anatomy and School of Biomedical Sciences aspire to be the research and educational partner of choice for Maori and Pacific communities.
The salary range for a non-medical/dental Lecturer is $78,445 to $NZD93,821 per annum, and for Senior Lecturer is $NZD98,682 to $NZD113,519 per annum.
The salary range for a medical/dental qualified Lecturer is $NZD79,500 to $NZD98,711 per annum, and for Senior Lecturer is $NZD123,124 to $NZD155,144 per annum.
Initial appointment will be made at an appropriate step in these ranges based on qualifications and experience.
How to apply
Applications quoting reference number 1701405 will close on Sunday, 20 August 2017.
To see a full job description and to apply online go to: https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=1701405
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi.