Augusta University, a premier public research university and academic health center, is seeking applicants to fill an endowed chair position. Investigators with outstanding research accomplishments and collaborative interests that complement the existing strengths of our university in neurological and psychiatric disorders, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes, cancer, cancer immunogenetics, and genomic medicine are particularly encouraged to apply.
Desirable qualifications for these twelve-month, tenured/tenure track faculty positions include:
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D., M.D., or the equivalent) and service in the rank of full professor or associate professor for a minimum of three academic years or its equivalent if not currently in academia
- A clearly established national and international reputation as a scholar in the applicant’s scientific discipline
- Sustained success in obtaining external funding for research
- Exceptional track record of publications in top scientific journals
- Evidence of a commitment to fostering multidisciplinary collaborations with other academic researchers both inside and outside the university as well as with private industry partners
- Highly developed leadership skills necessary to establish and direct a world-class research program
- A history of service at the university level and a commitment to similar core values that our institution holds (collegiality, compassion, excellence, inclusivity, integrity, and leadership)
- Unique, cutting edge technology expertise
- History of scientific innovation leading to patentable products
Successful candidates will be expected to participate in teaching programs for professional and graduate students as well as all other academic, scholarly, and service functions within the university. The academic/tenure home of the selected candidate will be identified based on their qualifications and experience, and may include creation of new programmatic areas and campus leadership if desirable and warranted.
We offer generous start-up packages, excellent laboratory space, and outstanding core facilities for cell imaging, genomics and proteomics, small animal behavior, zebrafish, histology, electron microscopy, etc. Salaries are highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications. Onsite technology incubator laboratories are available on campus.
How to Apply:
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
Inquiries, nominations and applications (including full CV, letter of interest, summary of professional and research goals and the names and address of three references) will be received electronically on behalf of the search committee co-chairs, Dr. Lin Mei and Dr. Alvin V. Terry, Jr., by:
Sharon R Wingard
Executive Search Consultant
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
Augusta University is an AA/EEO/Equal Access/ADA Employer.
Apply for Professor/Associate Professor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly