Primary Purpose of Job
As a member of Data Science team in Roche pRED (Pharma Research and Early Development) Informatics, you will partner with research scientists and data experts at Roche Innovation Center Shanghai on drug discovery from the target identification phase all the way to the early development phases. You will employ a combination of analytical capabilities, bioinformatics skills, and disease biology knowledge (especially in the immunology therapeutic area) to provide timely data analysis to impact decision making in drug discovery.
- Work collaboratively with scientists from Inflammation and Immunology Discovery, Infectious Disease Discovery, Chemical Biology, Medicinal Chemistry, and other scientific functions on drug discovery activities including target identification, target validation, and biomarker discovery, etc.
- Support drug project teams in understanding the roles of a given target in particular diseases.
- Enhance understanding of autoimmune diseases of unmet medical needs and propose new targets.
- Analyse the genetic variants associated with autoimmune diseases, especially those mutations in the non-coding regions.
- Support drug project teams in identifying targets of phenotypic screening hits.
- Support drug project teams in identifying target-specific biomarkers for patient stratification.
- Have the opportunities to apply deep learning to data analysis.
- Team up with bioinformaticians, cheminformaticians, and information scientists in Data Science to propose and deliver integrated informatics solutions to drug projects.
- Collaborate extensively with data scientists and informaticians at other Roche sites to contribute to both local and global drug projects as well as informatics projects.
- Play an important role in shaping the strategy of Data Science in the area of immunomics and supporting its implementation.
Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or a related discipline.
Job Required Competencies
- Experience analyzing ChIP-Seq, RNA-seq, Hi-C, and GWAS data.
- Extensive experience in analyzing ENCODE and Roadmap Epigenomics data sets.
- Experience collaborating with biologists and/or project teams.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Strong analytical capabilities, demonstrated by the identification of key biological questions and the application or development of innovative computational solutions.
- Passion for utilizing analytical capabilities and biology knowledge for drug discovery.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
Job Desired Additional Competencies
- In-depth understanding of the human innate and adaptive immune systems.
- 3+ years of recent experience in applying bioinformatics to studying immunological disorders, preferably autoimmune diseases.