PhD in the area of design of wireless communication networks for Internet of Things (IoT) applica...
The Faculty of Science is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science for a
Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of design of wireless communication networks for Internet of Things (IoT) applications
The research will be embedded within IDLab (http://idlab.uantwerpen.be, http://idlab.technology/), where both fundamental and applied research is being performed in the areas of communication networks and data science. IDLab is a collaboration between the universities of Antwerp and Ghent. Moreover, it is part of the internationally renowned research center imec (http://www.imec.be).
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of wireless communication networks.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to teaching and research in the IDLab research group of the department Mathematics and Computer Science of the faculty of Science.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in computer science, informatics, mathematics, electronics, telecommunications or equivalent.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university's policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have a thorough knowledge of one or more modern programming languages, such as Java, C++ or Python.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of scholarship will be 1 October, 1 November or 1 December 2017 or 1 January 2018;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.280,27 - € 2.419,84;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online until the closing date 15 August 2017 and should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place from 21 August until 15 September 2017.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Dr. Jeroen Famaey (email@example.com).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and