Manager, System/Test Integration
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Direct management responsibility for all research and product development support activities for the Platform Integration group.
- Evaluates schedules, scope, cost and risk associated with supporting verification testing of research & development programs.
- Prioritizes resources for testing of new and sustaining product releases that contribute to sustained growth for the business.
- Works collaboratively with Senior Management and other R&D Managers to maintain alignment of resources on priority projects.
- Supports other departments such as manufacturing, technical support and quality by providing scientific and/or technical guidance and assignment of resources to assist in troubleshooting.
- Represents R&D group to other sites and divisions for cross-site collaborations and projects.
- May represent company externally to commercial or academic partners.
- Customer advocate to ensure ownership of customer issues resulting in timely feedback and appropriate attention
- Continuous development of new methods, processes and special skills where they enhance group effectiveness in verification testing to achieve project and company goals
- Supervises 8-12 direct reports from Scientist I/Engineer I to Sr. Staff Scientist/Sr. Staff Engineer level.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- Advanced knowledge on statistical analysis, experimental design (DOE) approaches and previous experience in software project management preferred
- Working knowledge of flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, and/or quantitative imaging and analysis beneficial
- Working knowledge of database systems (SQL Server or Oracle)
- Experience with one or more programming languages
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.