InTalent is a new research support initiative by University of A Coruña and Inditex, based on the sole criterion of scientific excellence and aimed at attracting postdoctoral research talent with extensive international experience and standing. We offer support to all Excellent Science projects without exclusion, irrespective of discipline or specialisation
The aim of this call is to initiate a competitive contracting process for 2 recognised researcher positions
Ideal candidates for ‘InTalent' research grants will demonstrate the following attributes and experience:
- Excellent recent research track record and ability to generate new knowledge
- Professional maturity, ability to work independently and potential to build and maintain a strong scientific reputation
- Ability and willingness to participate in other national and international Excellent Science funding schemes, such as European Research Council (ERC) Starting and Consolidator grants, Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competition ‘State Programme for the Promotion of R&D&I Talent and Employability' schemes (e.g. Ramón y Cajal), alternative funding streams within the H2020 programme, and competitive funding opportunities operated by other international agencies.
The selection process is open to candidates with a PhD who meet the following criteria:
- Be in possession of a doctoral degree awarded, at least, three years prior to the date of publication of the call for proposals provided herein.
- Fulfilment of current eligibility criteria for ERC Starting or Consolidator calls announced for 2018 and subsequent years.
- Minimum 24-month research placement in R&D institutions outside of the country of the PhD awarding institution. Total placement may be an aggregate of multiple mobility periods lasting no less than one month each. Applicants in possession of a PhD from a university outside of their own country will be deemed to have met the international mobility requirement provided in this section.
- The contract will remain in effect for a period of two years, with the possibility of a single one-year renewal. The contract will be renewed automatically, subject to receipt of a request for renewal from the researcher between three and six months prior to completion of the original contract term.
- Researchers will be paid a total contract sum of 60,000 Euros per year, including gross salary, social insurance and final pay.
- Researchers will receive additional funding in the amount of 10,000 Euros per year to cover the costs of starting up their line of research.
- Researchers will be provided with a suitable work space in which to carry out their research activities.
- At the beginning of the contract term, researchers will receive an additional one-off payment in the amount of 1,000 Euros (gross) for initial living expenses
- The body responsible for administering the ‘InTalent' programme, the UDC Office of Research and Knowledge Transfer (OTRI), will provide researchers with technical support and assistance throughout the lifetime of the contract, to help ensure a climate of research excellence in which to carry out their work.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and