Research Engineer (Software) for Blockchain and Smart Contracts (M/F)
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is willing to strengthen its competences in Blockchain technologies, Smart Contracts and their use inside various fields of application, like finance, smart cities, transportation or health.
As a consequence, LIST is appointing a Research Engineer to join the “Trusted Service Supply Chains” Group, TSSC, that performs research and development activities focused on trusted, secured and privacy ensured infrastructures.
TSSC is part of the “Trusted Service Systems” Unit within the “IT for Innovative Services” (ITIS) Department of LIST.
In this context, the Security, Computer Science Research Engineer will mainly joining a team working in projects related to Block Chain technologies within a Security and Privacy research group. The candidate will mainly participate in the design and security analysis of blockchain technologies as well as in the development of software solutions associated to this new technology.
Applicants are sought with experiences and skills in the following areas:
- Blockchain security, system security, and applied cryptography
- Distributed systems and consensus protocols
- Software development including proven experience with programming languages, such as Golang, Java, or C/C++,etc
- Master degree in IT Security and/or Engineering with a strong background in Information/software Security Mechanisms
- Knowledge about the principles of the data protection.
- Regulation would be seen as an asset
- Skills in Blockchains and Smart Contracts with analytical capabilities associated with their domains of application and with deployment issues (in particular security and privacy issues)
- Knowledge of information security mechanisms in general and their application for privacy issues in particular
- Deep knowledge in principles of encryption, hashing, signing
- Programming with the use of software development environments including versioning control and testing
- Ability to work into new technologies
- Written and spoken English
- French, German or Luxembourgish would be seen as an asset
Job reference: ITIS-2017-005
- A CV
- A motivation letter
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and