Director Sales Force Automation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This position is responsible for supporting the sales organization and increasing sales effectiveness by leveraging best practices and the consistent application of processes and technology resulting in the achievement of organizational goals. Creating and executing repeatable processes to effectively and efficiently optimize the performance of the sales organization in support of our business strategies and objectives is the desired result. . This individual will investigate and recommend new technologies, business analytics, and automation that will result in improved revenue and margin performance as well as the optimization of productivity. Additionally, this individual will coordinate and provide the necessary back office support to the sales team for the use of Sales Force Automation (SFA) tools, sales process, and sales reporting
Key responsibilities include:
- Sales process development, adoption, and compliance
- Identify organizational needs, investigate, and implement new processes and technologies to support sales efforts
- Continuously assess current systems and tools to determine strategic fit
- Plan, design, and implement enhancements to current processes, systems, and tools for maximum effectiveness
- Manage and prioritize workflow and resources
- Ensure resource capability and professional development
- Act as the liaison between Sales Operations, Sales and all internal functions impacting the sales team
- Account assessment, mapping (territory optimization), forecasting, and plan achievementBenchmarking sales technologies and best practices Developing a technology roadmap and process design for SFAWork to integrate systems and processes to optimize sales performance and productivityOptimize sales reporting Develop workflows and best practicesDevelop and implement tool kits for maximizing information flow, efficiency, and the customer experienceDevelop operating procedures for current systems, tools, and processes
- Ability to lead at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills. Must be able to analyze and interpret data elements and make recommendations for change/improvement
- Exceptional project management skills. Must be able to manage complex projects to milestone, delivery dates and budgets
- Strong self-management skills. Must be able to prioritize, delegate and make decisions quickly
- Experience with CRM systems preferred; Sales Logix, SalesForce.com, Varicent, others.
- 4-year degree required; MBA preferred
- 10 years experience, preferably with sales operations, process improvement, and technology
This position is not considered for Relocation Assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.