Postoc Position -- SOLID STATE BATTERIES
CIC Energigune is a Cooperative Research Centre founded in 2007 with its headquarters in the Basque Country. Created thanks to the investments of the Basque Government and several leading companies in the energy sector, it aspires to become a true international leader in the field of energy and contribute to the industrial competitiveness of Basque companies.
- Development under industrial agreement of an all solid state battery. Tuning and processing commercially available materials for this specific application.
- Optimization of the processing route for individual all solid state battery components.
- Assembly of an all solid state battery using scalable and competitive processing routes.
- PhD in Chemical or Materials engineering, chemistry, materials science or related field with experience in:
- The preparation of solid electrolytes, electrodes and electrochemical cells using ceramic and/or polymeric compounds.
- Processing of ceramic and/or polymeric compounds for energy storage applications with easily scalable techniques.
- Thin film preparation by sputtering.
- Electrochemical characterization of electrodes, electrolytes and batteries by cyclic voltammetry, galvanostatic charge-discharge tests and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy measurements.
- Characterization of materials and interfaces using physicochemical techniques such as rheology, X-ray diffraction (XRD), electron microscopy (SEM), FTIR and Raman spectroscopy.
- A team player who can collaborate with other groups, technical centres, and industries.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- We are offering a 12-24 months contract and advantageous professional development opportunities.
- In addition to the appeal of the entire project, the CIC Energigune offers a competitive basic salary augmented by important benefits such as special conditions for a private health insurance that compare favorably with the best global private and public institutions.
- The Foundation will also help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a welcome program that offers accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment.
How to apply
- All applicants are invited to submit detailed curriculum vitae and 2 reference letters at www.cicenergigune.com
- CIC Energigune is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and